These terms and conditions (‘terms’) apply to the service and maintenance contract (‘contract’) between the person ordering the services (‘customer’ or ‘you’) and Bridge Heating Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’). Please read these terms carefully before agreeing to the contract as they contain important information.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE CONTRACT:
The following services are excluded from both our standard boiler service:
1. Adjustments to time and temperature controls.
2. Replacement of decorative parts.
3. Any domestic water supply from the hot water cylinder or appliances including taps and showers.
4. Any cold-water storage cistern, mains water supply, cold water supply pipework.
5. Inherent defects or inadequacy to the original design and installation of the system/appliance(s) not apparent at the initial
subject to survey visit, or from visual inspection, and consequential damage or loss arising from defects (not applicable if Bridge
Heating installed the entire heating system)
6. Pipework, wiring or flues buried in the fabric of the building including underfloor heating.
7. Any defects or damage caused through malicious or willful action, negligence, or third-party interference.
8. Any defects or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, flood, storm, frost, impact or other extraneous cause.
9. Any defect or damage occurring from a failure of the public electricity, gas or water supplies.
10. Any work arising from hard water scale deposit, system contamination or damage from aggressive water.
11. Removing asbestos associated with repairing appliance or system.
12. Any unvented cylinder or associated unvented system components.
13. Replacement or repair of thermal stores, immersion heaters or the repair of fan convectors.
14. Replacement of towel rails, Low Surface Temperature and designer radiators, including any associated valves.
15. Replenishment of chemical treatments.
16. Complete appliance replacement for any reason.
17. Replacement of gas supply pipework.
18. Any increased cost of utilities, loss of water services, loss of earnings, any retrospective cost for items not relating to the repair of the heating components.
19. The cost of any improvements to the heating or hot water systems.
20. Removing sludge from system.
21. Replacing/repairing any steel or iron pipes.
22. Making access to the appliance/system that is not deemed reasonable.
23. The replacement of any internet-based controls.
A service engineer will inspect the central heating appliance(s) on an agreed date and clean and adjust them as necessary using reasonable care and skill. A visual inspection of the system will also be carried out at this time, and any remedial works actioned or quoted for separately as necessary.
PRICE AND PAYMENT:
The price payable by you is as notified by Bridge Heating at the time the contract is entered. The price is inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. Bridge Heating may increase the price at any time, but you will always be notified of any price increase in advance.
It is our responsibility to supply you with services that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us, our contact details are given at the bottom of the page. If you are unclear about your rights or require advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506 or
It is your responsibility to let us into your property. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract.
We will make every reasonable effort to undertake a gas safety inspection at your property. We will also make you aware if we fail to gain access to your tenanted property. Bridge Heating Ltd cannot be held responsible if we cannot gain access to carry out your gas safety inspection. It is your legal responsibility as a landlord to ensure that the property has a valid Landlord Gas Safety Record.
CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT:
In order to exercise your right to cancel you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (e.g. a phone call, letter, fax or email). You may use the cancellation form below, but you do not have to. We reserve the right to cancel the contract if you have given any false information or you do not make an agreed payment on the due date or you do not allow us access to your property within a reasonable period of time or you change your boiler or an appliance that the contract covers.
Payment is due within 14 days of completion of the service or repairs.
EFFECTS OF CANCELLATION:
If you cancel this contract during the cooling off period, we will reimburse you all that you have paid us, subject to certain possible deductions set out below. If you want us to start providing services straight away and before your cooling off period ends, we will need a specific request from you. If we start work before your cooling off period ends, you will still have a right to cancel within 14 days, but you will have to pay labour and parts costs for any work that we have undertaken up to the point when you inform us of your decision to cancel. You do not have the right to cancel where the service is fully performed during the cooling off period. You may use the request to start work form below to inform us of your request to start work, but you do not have to. We will make any reimbursement due to you without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the contract. You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. If you cancel your contract outside of the cancellation period, we will not normally give a refund. If you are paying by monthly instalments, any instalments still outstanding shall remain payable until the end of the contract year.
EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE
We cannot accept liability for any delays or non-performance of our obligations under this contract as a result of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. Where possible, we will take all reasonable steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
If you do not make payment to us when it falls due we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the date the payment falls due until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (but we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so). We will make good any damage to your property negligently caused by us while providing services. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services (e.g. damage caused by water leaks).
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS:
The following other terms apply to the contract between us:
1. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, but we will contact you to let you know if
we plan to do this.
2. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
3. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
4. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps
against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not
prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
5. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you
live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English
6. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are
unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Request to Start Work Form
If you wish us to start work before the end of your 14-day cancellation period, please email us at email@example.com or alternatively call us on 01908 211 127.
If you wish to cancel your agreement with Bridge Heating, during your cooling off period, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call us on 01908 211 127.
Get In Touch
Available from 08:00 – 17:00
Address Bridge House, Bridge St., Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 4AB